As an orthopaedist, it is my responsibility to maintain and improve the mobility and independence of my patients and to combat restrictive pain and complaints.
In 1997 I received my doctorate at the Karl Franzens University in Graz. As part of my medical studies, I completed a surgical internship for six months in Durban, South Africa, in 1994. In 1998 I went abroad again, to Nepal. During this time, I worked for eight months as a caritative local doctor. It was and is a special privilege for me to engage myself socially and charitable.
One year later I completed a four-year training as a general practitioner which was followed by training as an assistant doctor at the University Clinic for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery. In 2007 I was appointed senior doctor for orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery. Various stations and projects followed.
Stations and Projects
- 2007: Head of the Class Ward of the University Clinic for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery under Prof. Dr. Windhager, then Deputy Head of the Hip, Knee Joint, Revisions/Infect/Rheumatism and Hand Surgery Section
- 2007: Head of the Manual Medicine Outpatient Clinic, University Clinic for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2007: Opening of an elective doctor’s practice for orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery
- 2009: Habilitation in Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery (venia docendi) – awarded the title “Lecturer”
- 2010: Opening of the practice with insurance contract for orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery, attending doctor for orthopaedic surgery
- Since 2012: Head of the Styrian Orthopaedic Specialist Group
- Since 2012: Member of the Sanatorium Committee of ÄK Steiermark
- Since 2013: Member of the Executive Board of the Austrian Society for Orthopaedics
- Since 2013: Member of the Board of the Professional Association of Austrian Orthopaedic Surgeons
- 2017: Opening of the outpatient clinic (Institute for Sports, Physio, Chirotherapy and Acupuncture) at Hans-Sachs-Gasse 1 in Graz, Medical Director
- 2018: Opening of the private practice at the Hans-Sachs-Gasse 1 site due to the large number of private patients requesting treatment
- Since 2018: Speaker and Chairman of the Sanatorium Committee Styria
- In addition to orthopaedics, my qualifications also include manual medicine, geriatrics and palliative medicine (Austrian Medical Chamber Diploma)
As a lecturer at the Medical University Hospital Graz, I give lectures on Surgery and Pathology for the Study of Nursing Sciences at the Med Uni Graz every year. The participation in the main lecture for Human Medicine and Dentistry as well as the training of qualified nurses was another milestone in my work as a lecturer.
In addition, I regularly give lectures at national and international congresses and training events.
Docfinder Patients’ Choice Award
I am very happy to have been chosen as the most popular orthopaedist in Styria since 2014! Many thanks to all my patients and to my entire team. Find out more about the Docfinder Patients’ Choice Awards here: Priv. Doz. Dr. Heimo Clar auf DocFinder
The ultimate goal is to ensure the patient’s pain-free mobility.
Orthopaedic surgery improves the quality of life.
Just because patients come to see me doesn’t automatically make them ‘sick’.
My job is not only to reduce complaints, but to improve quality of life.
Orthopaedics is detective work. The goal is only achieved when the problem is solved.
As an orthopaedist I help people to alleviate their pain and to be able to move freely again.